Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Transformation Tuesday and Some Tips for Your New Gluten Free Diet



The first step of transformation is realization. Sometimes the changes you need to make seem far too big or scary to ever tackle, but don't let that stop you. It's stopped me hundreds of times over, but as that famous quote goes- All it takes is one step in the right direction! 

For me, all it took was that first day, my first gluten free meal plan and a box of gluten free cookies (of course!) I purchased the cookies for the moments I knew I would feel like giving up or when the temptation was too strong. Luckily after 8 days, only 4 cookies are missing. Winning!

The most helpful things that I have done to successfully start my gluten free diet:

- plan, plan, plan!! Having a game plan for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks is a life saver! It helps with grocery shopping and it makes sure that you always have something prepared to keep yourself on track!

- DON'T go gluten free just for weight loss. I am ALL about a healthy lifestyle, but from my own trial and error- almost anything done strictly for weight loss will end in failure.

- DO it for health! Try gluten free for 30 days just to see how your body feels. 

- DON'T head straight to the grocery store and buy all of the products labeled gluten free. A couple snacks? A-okay! The problem is that many gluten free products can still be highly processed foods full of various chemical cocktails.

- DO read your labels. Be selective, check all of your ingredients and nutritional information. 

- DO incorporate as many fresh fruits and veggies as possible. 

- DON'T GIVE UP!! You've got this!




Lots of love!
Lindsey

 






No comments:

Post a Comment