Monday, January 4, 2016

And So it Begins...

It has officially been one week since gluten last entered my body. I am absolutely in awe of how much has already changed. This blog is here to archive my journey, recipes and adventures along the way.

I've tried it all. Fad diets, unhealthy diets, complete lack of trying diets... I always ended up failing and still feeling like dirt. I've struggled with my weight along with many other things- anxiety, depression, tummy troubles, migraines, joint pain- the list goes on and on. Not like I am complaining or anything. (Really I'm not.) 

After a few years of pondering the possibility of gluten being my problem, I never had the will power to actual try it out. That and the fact that I was in denial. 

Finally, here it is, 2016 and I am 7 days clean. Of gluten that is. 

I have energy. I feel alive and excited. I don't dread daily tasks. I enjoy cooking again. I have been cleaning like a mad woman.

I mean, I know it's only been a week. That's why I am here though, to keep track of the journey ahead. For better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment